Thursday, September 1, 2011

My Precious Joy Diaries 9-1-11

I title this post after my Naomi Joy....

I want it to be that when I talk or post about her that it is done with Joy

reflecting not only her middle name, but her Creator. 

<3  <3  <3

Three weeks ago from today I found out that I would not get to hold this precious gift from God.

It is hard to believe that it was such a short time ago when I had

to "give" her back to the one who created her.

You may ask..does it still hurt? Honestly?

Her passing definitely leaves a "scar" on my heart

I feel like my heart is so tender, and at times more sensitive to things around me.

But that doesn't end my story...

You see that precious little tiny baby only 12 weeks and 4 days in utero

gave me something so precious; along with teaching me some very valuable lessons.

I am amazed that someone so tiny and so young could do this!!!!

I have talked to many people about this and I will continue to do so

in hopes that it might encourage other's

who may have lost a baby, or a child, or a relative, or a friend.

****
One of the first things she taught me was to appreciate the time I have.

I only carried her for such a short time

and being on bed rest most of that time I didn't get a lot of things done.

{I am still catching up with house work after about 12 weeks of "resting"}

Such a short time for this little miracle

and I have to stop and be thankful for this storm in my life....

We have been wanting another child for 5 years, and God

gave us one after many years of praying and I carried that blessing for 12 weeks

and then God asked me to give her back to Him.

And yet, I am thankful..I can't exactly explain it

but the peace that passes all understanding is so real in my life at this time

{Philipians 4:6-7 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. (7) And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.}

Job 1:21b the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.

I know not the reason-but I trust in God's heart-because it is pure and true.


****
One of the other gifts she gave to me was Hope...

Maybe one day God will give us another blessing.

Hope that I might have some healing from my "disease"

Hope that I will see her one day in Heaven


****
Now I am trying my best with God's help to use my time wisely and to be thankful for it.

This is the only time that I have

I can not go back and get a single second of time back anytime I want.

I need to ask myself a few questions:

what am I doing with my life and my seconds of time here on earth?

Does it please my Heavenly Father?

Am I being thankful for the time I have?

Time is a fleeting thing...it is here and then it is gone.

We don't know when Christ will return and I want to be sure

that when He returns I have redeemed the time for Him.

****
Here are a few verses that I am learning to help teach me about being wise with my time:

James 4:14-15
(14) Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow.
For what is your life?
It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. 

(15) For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.
Psalm 90:12
So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.

Ephesians 5:14-16

14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead,

and Christ shall give thee light.

15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,

16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep:

for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

 Mark 13:33

Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

Luke 21:34
And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and
drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.

Surfeiting means to overindulge

Hebrews 4:14-16
(14)Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 

(15) For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 

(16) Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
1Pe 4:1-2
(1) Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; 

(2) That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.
Verses for being thankful

I Thessalonians 5:16-18
16 Rejoice evermore.
17 Pray without ceasing.
18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.


Col 3:17
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

1Timothy 2:1-6
 (1)I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 

(2) For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 

(3) For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 

(4) Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

  (5) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 

(6) Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Goal: To redeem the time; and to be thankful for each moment of time God has given

whether pleasant or hard......

~All to God's glory~

0 Lovely Comments: