Friday, September 2, 2011

My Precious Joy Diaries 9-2-11

Yesterday or the day before..haha

 I posted one of the things that Naomi Joy taught me through

this whole "giving back to God" process.
So I wanted to continue from there....
<3  <3  <3
The second thing I learned happend throught the surgery prep process

I kinda caught it myself after I said it...

{without Naomi Joy's passing it probably wouldn't have ment so much to me as it does now

I guess that is the way of a tender heart}
I was telling my husband about how sad I was

that I wouldn't be able to be married to him when we go to Heaven...

{Matthew 22:25-32 is the whole referance to this occurance-here is the verse that is specific to this:
(28) Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven?
for they all had her.
(29) Jesus answered and said unto them,
Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. 
(30) For in the resurrection they neither marry,
nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.}
I continued on to say....Why I wish we could, because then we could have a perfect marriage!

Wouldn't that be wonderful to have a perfect marriage!!
Those words stayed with me since that time in the hospital

it really made me thing and realize the value of  our earthly lives
and and the value of time on this earth {as stated prior in my other post}. 
This marriage that I am in, is the only one on this side of Heaven

{Lord willing-we have a pact that he can't die before me-or I before him.haha}
that I get to enjoy and participate in.
Why should I wait to have a "perfect" marriage?
This got me thinking

about how I can make my marriage a "perfect one" for me and my husband.
I want to please God with my life and my ministry to my husband, and my children.

Then to continue on to my extended family and friends, and to the people at our home church.
So I knew there were things I should change and work harder on.
I then started thinking of ways to show my dearest on earth that I loved him.

*****
There are a few things that I have done....I will list some of them:
One: I started writing him a love note almost everyday....

Now  there are a few days that I can not, or we are too busy... but I use sticky notes sometimes

just to post and "I love you" in the mirror

so that when he gets ready for the day he sees it.

Next,

Our anniversary is coming up next week...so I have been planning

a few "gift" ideas to honor him and show him respect

 {and also to tell him that I love him.}

I will not post them yet

since I figure the one time I would post details-he would check out my blog-hahah

Third:
Every chance I have to just sit beside him-I do that-and nothing else-savour each moment

and there are a few more-maybe I will share later on....

*<3*<3*
More about my wonderful Huband and more things I have learned:

He has been truly such an aide and help to me through this!!

I NEED HIM!!!

I realized this truly for the first time because of Naomi's passing.

Like I said before-she has giving me such wisdom and understanding of things!!
I cannot begin to express in words on what this experience has done for me and too me.
Yes, it is a day to day process-everyday is a new day filled with God's mercy and grace
{and Joy-wink wink}!
I am so thankful that God hasn't given up on me;
and that He took such a small person, and used her to teach me so much!
I NEED God...and just like He holds me in His hand and loves me;
my husband holds my hand and holds me in his heart
and loves me unlike any other person on earth can.
I feel stronger when I hold his hand...us two can face anything
We are strong
Because-Greater is He that is in me , than he that is in the world.
I am so thankful for my husband!!
He has taken on such a task of helping to care for me and our little guy...
I still cannot vacuum since my back is giving me some trouble.
So after a long, long days/weeks of work-he sets aside time to help me by vacuuming.
He has spent most of his time at the church this week-taking care of a few
projects that needed to be done.
This left him coming home at 2-3 a.m. in the morning...
it was a long week-and I really really missed him!
And after this long week what does he do?
He set aside some time today to help vacuum the house.
HE LOVES ME SOOO MUCH!!!!
So here I am working on making my marriage as heavenly as possible.
There is so much more that I would like to share about this topic.
But, I will wait-perhaps until another day.
********
A few "husband and wife" verses:

Ephesians 5:20-33
20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

22Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

  27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.
 
1Peter 3:5-11 
For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:

6 Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement. 

7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered. 

8  Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous: 

9 Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing. 

10 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile: 
11  Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.

Genesis 2:24

Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

0 Lovely Comments: