Friday, July 29, 2011

A Day in the Mouth of Motherhood

Today was a day above most days.

One full of blessings and choices.

First off here is a photo of the baby bump :)

{I kinda have a love hate relationship with the changing of the belly...}


Then we did get a few things done today....

we got started on another section of the basement 

{trying to clean out unnecessary junk}

then we ran a few errands

had a yummy dinner

spagetti with homemade garlic bread

{and nachos and sour cream to go with it-for me-haha}

Then the guys went outside to go "mow the lawn"

and ended up in a squirt gun fight-it was great!!!

I couldn't resist getting photos

{and it made me "safe" from getting squirted}


Dead eye Boy Wonder....
{daddy let him take off his glasses and patch}

Then they got ahold of the hose....


You can see the grin on hubby face as he is leaning over to get the hose.

I think little guy was out "gunned", but he still tried


Then from there the boys got the idea that they wanted to play in the sprinkler...

I eyed up my dishes and tasks that needed to be done

and being a good housekeeper I

got right on them and cleaned up kept my mind to the task at hand!

"Ran" outside to go jump in the sprinkler with the guys.

It was so much fun!

I got a few mosquito bites-but they are tempral-my son-not so much

and the memories we made were so worth the little varments biting me!!!

How about my dishes?

I had to stay up a little later to put them away-but I smiled the whole time thinking

of the fun I  

 DID NOT

 miss when I chose to go play with my precious family.

I am raising a child not raising a sparkling, perfect house. 

My Husband and my son are "eternal"; my home, dirty dishes, and laundry are not.

For earthly things are earthly and they can't be brought with us to heaven;

but those in my family that are saved is something that I can take to heaven

{Praise the Lord!!}


Matthew 6: 19-21

19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20  But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21  For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

*****
Our treasures in heaven are the people who have accepted Christ as Savior.

 Lord willingly we will have a chance to lead Lydia and baby #3

to the understanding knowledge of God

and of the sacrifice made for all mankind for our sins.

So for now-the earthly things can wait-

I am "helping" though I spend a lot of times failing

God to create an amazing man who will follow after His heart and desire.

If I have nerve enough to pray that God will move in Caleb's life and direct him

to whatever he has for him-then I better beat feet to teaching him to follow.

****

I know this post is long-but like I said a lot of blessings and choices were made today-

I just ask that if you might have a moment-that you would pray for me.

A lot is going on, and I need to strengthen myself to the tasks at hand-with a happy heart

and a good attitude-

for I have little eye{at least at this moment hahah}  eyes watching me.

My example needs to be an example my children can follow....

Thank you so much for those who have been praying-I can tell!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful night!!

Kiss your loved ones-and sleep tight!
*****

0 Lovely Comments: