Friday, February 17, 2012

DIY Homemade Dishwasher Detergant

img_1369
Photo Credit to: http://bonzaiaphrodite.com

I promised a few people the recipe for making your own Dishwasher Detergant,

So...here it is:

Sayward’s Homemade Dishwasher Detergent

1 part borax

1 part washing soda 

distilled white vinegar

Combine the powders in a bowl and mix well, breaking apart any clumps.

Transfer to an airtight container to store.

Use 1 tbsp of mixture per load.

Fill your machine’s rinse indicator with white vinegar, for that extra sparkle. SO EASY!! 

(Recipe found here: http://bonzaiaphrodite.com)

****

I found my borax and washing soda at Walmart.

I have heard that in some areas it is very difficult to find the washing soda;

but you can make your own...and boy do I love you all to share the how too;)

I found this article that Penny wrote at www.pennilessparenting.com 

Homemade Washing Soda

Instructions
1. Fill a wide baking dish with baking soda.
2. Heat in the oven at 400 degrees until all the baking soda becomes washing soda. Occasionally mix it so that this process happens faster and more uniformly.
3. Use as needed!


Enjoy!!

I have just recently started using it-so far I am happy with the results.

Happy frugality-anything to save a few dollars:)

0 Lovely Comments: