Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tutorial Tuesday-Neat Pillow Pin Cushions with Guest Post

It is that time again...
TUTORIAL TUESDAY
{bumbadada(my trumpets)}

I have asked Joy from Mommas Kinda Crafty to join us today-on this wonderful Tuesday.  She made some really cute Pillow Pin Cushions-when I saw them I just had to share.  They are really easy to make.  Hope you enjoy!

**********************************

Hello!  I am Joy from Mommas kinda Crafty!

I love to sew and craft.  I especially love those projects that are quick and easy and use supplies or scraps I already have on hand.  This is one of those kind of projects.

My little purple pincushion.  Isn't is cute! 
Wanna make one?  It's SUPER easy and takes less than 15 minutes! 



You will need.....


2 pieces fabric 4"x 4" square

Polyfil stuffing

about 20" of 1/8" ribbon

Needle with large eye for ribbon

Button


Cut your fabric.  I chose to use denim for the bottom of each one.  Did one that was all denim too, but I am sure any cotton scraps will work.  Start by sewing your 2 pieces of fabric, right sides together and leaving an opening on one side for stuffing.  I used a very small seam so I didn't have to trim them down.    Clip your corners and turn right side out.   Stuff it full with polyfil and sew the gap closed.

You should have a little square pillow.

Now take your ribbon and thread it through the needle.  Push the needle down through the center of the pincushion, leaving about 5" of ribbon on top.



Bring the ribbon around one side of the pincushion and back down thru the center.  Do this for each side so it looks wrapped like a gift box.  Secure the ends with a few stitches.















Sew on a button on the top side in the center.










Thanks to Kelly-Jo for inviting me over today!  I would love to have you all stop by for a visit and say 'hello!'  I also host a Crafty Linky Party every Friday.  So come on over and share your projects.  I'd love to see them!

Fantabulous Friday!


**********************
Do you have a tutorial you would like to share?
I would be happy to host one for you. 
Just leave me a comment or email me
and I will get back with you

3 Lovely Comments:

Debbie said...

Love that pincushion! That would make an adorable little gift.

Happy Homemaker And Momma said...

Isn't it cute?!

faith ann raider said...

ooh! love these pincushions!! SO adorable!