Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Day In The Mouth Of Caleb

Caleb: "Mommy, if I was an Alien I wouldn't drink gas!"

Me: "Okay-I guess that would be a good thing. You do know that there is no such things as aliens-right?  Well, except that we are aliens..and this isn't our final home."

Caleb: " But our house is on it!  It has to be our home."

Me: "It is our temporary home until Jesus comes back and takes us to our new home in Heaven."

Caleb: "So is God testing us to see how we will treat our new home in Heaven?"

Me:  "That is a real nice thought-but no-we are on earth to Praise and Glorify God and to share His love to others.  We need to tell others about what Jesus did on the cross for them.  That is why we go out every week to tell others about Jesus."

Caleb: "Oh!"


*******
FYI:  This is Caleb speaking-there isn't a new baby-Caleb is becoming very interested in a new sibling to call his own-I would in a heartbeat-but just isn't what the Lord has planned for us.  So here is his conversation to me:{the when use to be if-he is so funny!!  He really gets talking to himself in this one!}

Caleb: "Mommy, when God gives us our new baby-you can name him Ezekiel Hanchen{this is a name that he made up a while ago}....ahhahahahaha......Caleb and Ezekiel Hanchen your breakfast is ready...what?!  That is such a funny name! Hhahahahhahahahha-so funny!!!"

Me:  "Hahhaha.....yes you are!"

*******
Caleb grabbed my hand on Friday kissed it and said "I love you sweet little lady" he is just so precious!!  One day it wont be my hand he is kissing-it will be his wife's and I hope she gets the same sweet smile, the bright gleam in his eye, and the same sweet message that I received then!  Oh, mere words can not describe my love for the boy of mine!
 
♥Thank you Lord, so much for this one little miracle you have given to me!!♥

2 Lovely Comments:

Ann said...

A mother's heart...

J Rodney said...

Oh my, my boys are the same way.

Thank you for participating in last week’s Wednesday Window @ Frugality Is Free. I would like to invite you to this week’s The Wednesday Window . It is the place to feature your favorite blog post of the past week or so, for more details check out Frugality Is Free.