Saturday, September 18, 2010

Winner: You Paid What?! Feature

Winner of the Featured for You Paid What?! Goes to:
#3
A little about this Gal:
 Who is "The Frugal Free Gal?"

"I am a proud military wife and a mother to a beautiful two year old daughter. I taught second grade before I decided that I wanted to stay at home with my first child, and I LOVE being a stay at home mom. I have a calico cat. I love blogging, working out, gardening, vacations, spending time with family and friends, thrift store shopping, coupon clipping, deal finding, and more! I love to make thrift store runs for items like children's clothes, books, and toys and I LOVE finding things for free to almost free!

I haven't always been frugal. I learned to be frugal after graduating college. I started saving in 2005 with my first teaching job. Not only did I start saving in 2005, we (my family) started giving more. I learned that there was more reward and satisfaction in giving than receiving. I do not place value in what we own, what I wear or what I drive. In fact, I brag to others about finding things at Goodwill and thrift stores. It is fun to find good deals, because I know that if I save in these areas, I can help others out in need in the future, and not go into debt by doing so. I also know that God has had His hand in this and has provided me with some financial wisdom these past few years. Now, I would like to share that with you.

How did I get started with coupons? I ran across another frugal blog and saw something called a "stockpile." I thought it was insane. After inquiring about this stockpile, I started hearing things like, "they are getting these items for free or next to nothing." I researched a little further and started digging deeper into how these people were getting this and paying very little for it. That's when I ran into some of the blogs that are currently on my Deal Watch List. They do the work for you and tell you where to find the deals and which coupons to use. I have always used an occasional coupon here and there but a few months ago, I decided I wanted to master the art of using coupons. I became hooked when I saw how much I was saving at the register. I have received so many free to almost free items through the use of coupons and plan to continue learning how to save even more.

This is how "The Frugal Free Gal" came to be. I have always enjoyed sharing my ideas with others. As I learn new tips and tricks, I share them with you here. When a free sample comes my way, I post it here. It pays to be frugal. Use your savings to help others in need, to go on that vacation you have been wanting to go on, or to put towards a child's future education."

So go and join her at her blog and see how she saves with the day to day expenses of running a household:)

Don't forget to add your featured button to your blog-keep up the good work inspiring other's to be wise with their money!!






Thank you to all of the "gals" that linked up to this You Paid What?! linky party!  Don't forget to link up this next week it will be up on Monday and end on Saturday. I can't wait to can see what you have for us for this next week!

0 Lovely Comments: