Thursday, September 9, 2010

Did you know what special month it is?

BUT DID YOU KNOW?
September is National Sewing Month, declared by President Ronald Reagan in 1982, "In recognition of the importance of home sewing to our Nation."  Good call President Reagan!  Sewing seems to be a fading art, it isn't taught in most public and private schools.  The intresting in investing time into a home has dwindled in the younger age.  There are new things to strive towards; since technology has grown.  But don't lose hope-there are still a lot of folks out there that still sew-some everyday. Anyways...yadayada...

So now you are wondering what am I gonna do about National Sewing Month?  I think I met my "requirement" for sewing last month-don't you : ) Remember these-all done in 3weeks and 1 day?
(I had  a mix up with some instructions-so Heidi was so gracious as to let me turn in my apron on Monday the day voting started-I stayed up all night long to make it-boy was I tired-but it was worth it)
 


 "Sew" as you can see I think I am good.....but don't let your heart be faint I have a few things I would like to do-not to mention a few things to sew for a friend.

0 Lovely Comments: